“…and my people shall be satisfied with my goodness, declares the Lord.” Jer. 31:14
Are you satisfied? I mean really satisfied, deep down in your soul?
Here are things that would evidence that we are satisfied with God’s goodness. My list is by no means exhaustive.
1. We would not grumble or complain. Philippians 2:14
2. We would not be hurtful or critical. Ephesians 4:32
3. We would be able to sit still. We would not be so busy that we didn’t have time to sit still. Psalm 46:10
4. We would not look for love in all the wrong places. Jeremiah 31:3
5. We would be joyful. Psalm 63:5
6. We would be content. Hebrews 13:5
7. We would share the source of our satisfaction. 1 Peter 3:15
8. We would be grateful. 1 Thessalonians 5:18
9. We would meditate on “whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.” Philippians 4:8
10. We would know that He is enough in every situation and circumstance. Jeremiah 31:14
What else can you add to this list that would evidence in YOUR life that you are satisfied, really satisfied with the goodness of God?
“For I will satisfy the weary soul, and every languishing soul I will replenish.” Jeremiah 31:25
Diane Hunt is part of the Development and Addiction Recovery teams at America’s Keswick. In addition to being a Biblical Counselor, she is a Women’s speaker for retreats, conferences and events. She is a regular writer for Victory Call and one of the authors of Crossing the Jordan Bible Study. She has been married to her husband John over 28 years. She has 2 adult children, 4 grandchildren, 3 adult step-children with 7 grandchildren making 10 in all. She delights reading and teaching, but mostly laughing at the funny things her grandchildren say and do.