O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me. (Psalm 139:1)
The sovereign Creator of the universe cares about you! Just take a moment and try to wrap your mind around that fact. It’s easy to lose sight of Him in the busyness of the day. His Word tells us that:
* He created you in His image (Genesis 1:27). Of all the created beings on the earth, humans are the only ones created in His image.
* He loved you when you were His enemy (Romans 5:10). His perfect love allowed Him to love us even when we hated Him. How much more does He love us as His children?
* He sent His only Son to be your perfect sacrifice for sin (John 3:16). His law called for perfection; only Jesus was perfect and was the only suitable sacrifice to provide atonement for sin.
* He knows your every movement (Psalm 139:2). Not in a “puppetmaster” way, but because He loves you NOTHING escapes His attention.
* He knew you before the foundation of the world (Psalm 139:15). He knew who you would be even before you were a glimmer in your parents’ eyes.
* He knows the number of hairs on your head (Matthew 10:30). I don’t know about you, but that is a fact I cannot even comprehend.
* He thinks about you so many times in a day that you can’t even number them (Psalm 139:17-18) . At any given moment there over 6 billion people on this planet, and the Creator of the entire universe thinks about you, His child, individually and personally.
* He hears and answers every prayer (Psalm 86:6-7). In the commotion of life, He hears your individual voice. He knows exactly what is going on in your life, and knows how best to respond to that prayer.
* He provides for your every need (Philippians 4:19). Only a perfect God knows how to meet your needs perfectly, every time.
* He knows your needs even before you do (Matthew 6:28-30). He knows the master plan of your life. We can only see the day-to-day details, but He sees the overview.
* He collects your tears in His bottle (Psalm 56:8). In His infinite mercy, He has compassion on you. His heart breaks whenever a child of His is sad, struggling or lonely.
Any time you are feeling unloved or alone, I would encourage you to take some time and meditate on these things. Pray that God will help you understand and accept them more fully. It will truly change your outlook on everyday life!
Writer for “Real Victory for Real Life”
365 Devotional Thoughts in the Spirit of America’s Keswick
To order a copy of “REAL VICTORY For REAL LIFE” 365 Devotional Thoughts in the Spirit of America’s Keswick, forwarded by Dr. Joseph Stowell visit www.americaskeswick.org and click on store.