Ladies, today let those of us who are married pray the WORD for our husbands. With all my heart I believe it is our joy to pray for our husbands and then watch what God does. I did not write the original document I have taken this from but I cannot give credit to whomever it was who wrote the original. The paper I have does not have the name of the precious saint who took the time to gather these prayers. However, somehow I am certain whoever did this work would be honored that we are using it.
(NOTE: For those who are not married please use this time to pray the WORD for your earthly father, uncle, grandfather or other influential man in your life and then watch what God may choose to do.)
1) That he might become a holy man, a man of prayer; mature in the Lord, growing in his knowledge of the Lord. 1 Thess. 5:23, Col. 4:12, Eph. 1:18-19; 3:16-19, 6:18
2) That he might grow in all 11 descriptions of a man who will not be shaken as listed in Psalm 15.
3) That he might be a man of contentment as seen in Proverbs 15:16, Phil. 4:11, 1 Tim. 6:6-8, Heb. 13:5.
4) That he might learn to take every thought captive, to not be conformed to the world’s thinking but to have the mind of Christ. Romans 12:2, 2 Corinthians 10:5
5) That he might daily seek God with all his heart, walking in the Spirit moment by moment, growing in his dependence upon Him. Psalm 119:1-2, Proverbs 3:5-6
6) That he would be a man of courage. Deut. 31:6, 2 Chron. 19:11
7) That the Lord would give him wisdom to lead his family physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually. Eph. 1:17-19
8) That he might stand firm against the schemes of the devil and resist Satan in all circumstances. Eph. 6:10-18, James 4:7
*These last two would be for wives to pray for their husbands…….
9) *That he might make me holy, cleansing me by the washing of the water by the Word. Eph. 5:26
10) *That he would be captivated by my love. Proverbs 5:18-19