Keep your life free from the love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” Hebrews 13:5
The following is taken from a message given by my pastor recently.
“All I want for Christmas is Contentment”
Why is it so hard to be content?
1) It’s part of our sinful nature to covet;
2) The world works hard to keep us discontent;
3) We keep falling for the same lie.
Paul tells us how to be content:
1) Strive to live with less rather than desiring more;
2) Give away your abundance rather than accumulate more;
3) Relish what we have rather than what we don’t have.
True contentment is relying on God’s sufficiency for my needs! One thing that stuck out for me in my pastor’s message is “Give away your abundance rather than accumulate more” – I am more blessed when I can give it away. My husband & I have downsized two homes and I’ve never missed one thing that I gave away. Of course I like getting gifts and I’m blessed when I receive, but I’m more blessed giving away my abundance.
I will leave you with asking God “what is it in your life that robs you of being content”?
America’s Keswick Volunteer