Just days ago four blocks of Seaside Park were devastated by fire. This disaster came just weeks short of the first anniversary of Super Storm Sandy. These two disasters are close to home but they are two disasters among many. Colorado is currently fighting devastating flooding. As I look at what is going on worldwide the following disasters took place in just the last three days: Typhoon Man-yi hit Japan, Tropical Storm Manuel and Hurricane Ingrid killed 20 in Mexico, Landslide killed 4 in Pakistan, Hail Storm in Chennai, Tornado hits Maine. Many of us are wondering what is going on. I believe as believers in biblical truths you and I know what is going on. However, we may not know how to respond. In timely fashion, Dr. David Jeremiah has spoken on this very topic. From my notes I share with you his wisdom on how we should respond.
1. Repent- examine our own lives to see if we are ready for the unexpected.
2. Reflect on God’s goodness – be grateful for our own salvation.
3. Respond to the hurting – as believers we should be helping in any way we can.
4. Remember God’s promises – take a moment to read Revelation 21:3-4
5. Rely on God’s presence and power- He is in control and He is with us always.*
While it is easy to live in fear of what might happen next, I pray we will take heed to respond properly.
*Turning Point broadcast on September 15, 2013
Kathy’s on staff at America’s KESWICK in the Development Department. Kathy has been married to her husband Dave for 27 years. They have two adult children. Kathy is active in her local Church and has taught Sunday School and Bible Studies for women. Her passion is to encourage women to deepen their walk with Jesus Christ by finding and living out the truths of God’s Word.